Re: Woody iBook 2 700 MHz with radeon works!

On Fre, 2002-09-27 at 17:24, Pierre Gambarotto wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:30:09 +0200
>
> Markus Rosenstihl <mrlists@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > To use X accelerated you need Xfree 4.2! I took the ones
> > provided by Michel Daenzer:
> >
> > 	> http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/XFree86-4.2/
> >
> Sorry for you, but this stuff will not make dri work with the radeon M6.
> You can actually activate dri, (use glxinfo to verify), but no GL appli
> will work :-(

You are confusing these with my DRI debs. These have kinda working DRI,
even on M6.

Speaking of this, the current DRI debs work on all chips on x86 but
apparently still not on PPC. Help with debugging that would be
appreciated.

> > Proof: glxgears with framebuffer shows less fps as with radeon!
> It actually proves nothing, just that the radeon (2D) driver is more
> efficient than the framebuffer driver. But who needed a proof ?

OpenGL software rendering should be equally fast with both drivers.