Woody iBook 2 700 MHz with radeon works!

Hi
After more than one week messing up with my iBook to get accelerated X working,I figured it out how to do it. As the information how to do it was spread all over the net, I think it would bee a could idea to write down what i have done. I hope this is the right list for this.
Thanks a lot for all the peaple gave me the information!!
I would like to provide more links but I don't find them so fast.

1. To be able to install woody I had to choose "install24-safe" on the yaboot prompt or append a "video=ofonly" option. The install debian as usual 2. Install ben's kernel:
	I did:  "mkdir /usr/src/benh-kernel"
	"rsync -avz rsync.penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh 	/usr/src/benh-kernel"
3. Then change to that directory and configure the kernel
	and don't forget the radeon framebuffer module!
4. On my iBook it was impossible to synchronize the hardwareclock with the systemclock, so I just remove the start and stop scripts which want to do that because the systems hangs if I wanted to shutdown 5. To get it worked without acceleration, I had to edit the XF86Config-4 and take the "fbdev" and at a option to that section: Option "UseFBDev"

But that's not what I wanted, I want it accelerated:

6. To use X accelerated you need Xfree 4.2! I took the ones provided by Michel Daenzer:

	> http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/XFree86-4.2/

You need base,bin and the two radeon packages (I'm not sure if I need the drivers)and the README ;-). Unpack them and change the Path of /etc/X11/X as decribed in the README. Then copy the radeon_drv.so from "/usr/local/X11R6/lib/modules/dri" to "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri" (I'm not sure if linking works) 7. Now change the driver in your XF86Config-4 from fbdev to "radeon" or "ati" 8. It was very hard for me to go till here, the most things I read about this setup had finished now, but X still don't want to start!
	I found it somewhere deep in the net:
As a final step I had to do a "fbset -x" in the console and paste the output to the "Monitor" section!
9. 	Now it works for me!!!!

Proof: glxgears with framebuffer shows less fps as with radeon!

OK so far so good:

But:

I still get error messages from X:

--- snip ---
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] added 1 reserved context for kernel
(EE) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP not available
(WW) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP failed to initialize -- falling back to PCI mode.
(WW) RADEON(0): [agp] Make sure you have the agpgart kernel module loaded.
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] 8192 kB allocated with handle 0xeb628000
--- snap ---

The framesperseconds decrease quite a lot when I open some applications like Mozilla

Still can't synchronize hardware clock

regards

Markus

PS: Some comments or additions would be nice!