Re: Woody iBook 2 700 MHz with radeon works!

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:30:09 +0200

Markus Rosenstihl <mrlists@gmx.de> wrote:
> 4.
> On my iBook it was impossible to synchronize the
> 	hardwareclock with the systemclock, so I just remove the start
> 		and stop scripts
> which want to do that because the systems hangs 	if I wanted to
> shutdown
???
Strange ?
If you do it manually, what happens exactly ? i.e.
1_ Set the system clock with date or by an ntp client
2_ Set the hardware clock to the system clock value with : hwclock -w

> 6.
> To use X accelerated you need Xfree 4.2! I took the ones
> provided by Michel Daenzer:
>
> 	> http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/XFree86-4.2/

Sorry for you, but this stuff will not make dri work with the radeon M6.
You can actually activate dri, (use glxinfo to verify), but no GL appli
will work :-(

> Proof: glxgears with framebuffer shows less fps as with radeon!
It actually proves nothing, just that the radeon (2D) driver is more
efficient than the framebuffer driver. But who needed a proof ?

 	Pierre, also wainting for a good quake :-)