Re: Disabling Builting Speakers On TiBook

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 11:31:31PM +1000, Toby Sargeant wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 09:22:04AM -0400, Mark T. Valites wrote:
> >
> > Hmm.  Maybe it's just an esd issue then.  When I use mpg123 or similar
> > apps with a plugged in line-out, the built in speakers don't play.  When I
> > use esd (enlightenment sound daemon) though, both the line-out and the
> > built in speakers play.  Any one know anything about this in regards to
> > esd?
> >
> Are you using the OSS or the ALSA driver? In at least the recent OSS
> drivers, the speaker is always muted when the line-out is plugged as far
> as I'm aware. There shouldn't be anything special about esd.
> I've been informed that ALSA, on the other hand, provides two volume
> controls; one for speakers and one for line-out.

aumix also provides control of both (the top two lines of the display).

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |