Re: Disabling Builting Speakers On TiBook

Thanks Toby,

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 08:35:05AM -0400, Mark T. Valites wrote:
> > Is there a way to disable the built-in speakers on my TiBook? - I only
> > want to hear stuff from the line out.  I used audioctl to disable the
> > builtins on my ultra 5, but I have yet to find a ppc (or x86) equivalent.
>
> I'm afraid there's no way to do that at present. The speakers are
> disabled when you plug something into the line-out, but I imagine that
> you want them disabled all the time.

Hmm.  Maybe it's just an esd issue then.  When I use mpg123 or similar
apps with a plugged in line-out, the built in speakers don't play.  When I
use esd (enlightenment sound daemon) though, both the line-out and the
built in speakers play.  Any one know anything about this in regards to
esd?

Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst
1 College Circle - 124b1 South Hall