Re: Disabling Builting Speakers On TiBook

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 08:35:05AM -0400, Mark T. Valites wrote:
> Is there a way to disable the built-in speakers on my TiBook? - I only
> want to hear stuff from the line out.  I used audioctl to disable the
> builtins on my ultra 5, but I have yet to find a ppc (or x86) equivalent.

I'm afraid there's no way to do that at present. The speakers are
disabled when you plug something into the line-out, but I imagine that
you want them disabled all the time.

I haven't seen an OSS ioctl that provides this kind of functionality,
so I suspect that it might be difficult to provide an interface to.

Toby.