Re: 2 problems --nolisten tcp

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 22:17, cwhmlist@bellsouth.net wrote:

> 2.  The second problem is with x.  It appears that X is not allowing external connections.  I am running my ibook on a small network here are my house.  I have run xhost +ipaddr for another linux box (i386).  I then ssh to that box and set the DISPLAY variable to point to my ibook.  However, when I try to launch a X program, the display attempt is refused.  Is there some default parameter that is being set that tells X to refuse external connections?

grepping for the X server option which is effecting you,

/etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf:command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X -nolisten tcp
-deferglyphs 16
/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers::0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X  -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp

It depends which display manager you are using, but if you want network
access to the display, then you want to take out the "-nolisten tcp"
arg.

--
David Stanaway