2 problems

I am having 2 problems with my ibook run ning powerpc.

1.  The first problem is with the kernel.  I went to penguinppc.org and followed the directions to get the source from the stable tree.  However, it looks like all of the code is checked into SCCS directories.  How do I get the actual source out?

2.  The second problem is with x.  It appears that X is not allowing external connections.  I am running my ibook on a small network here are my house.  I have run xhost +ipaddr for another linux box (i386).  I then ssh to that box and set the DISPLAY variable to point to my ibook.  However, when I try to launch a X program, the display attempt is refused.  Is there some default parameter that is being set that tells X to refuse external connections?

Thanks