Re: beige a.k.a oldworld g3 && quik

On  11 Sep, this message from Chris Tillman echoed through cyberspace:
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 12:50:25PM +0200, CK wrote:
[about beige G3]
>> is it possible to boot this machine using quik at all ?
>> (if not something less ambigous should be in the docs)
>>
>> Does anyone on this list have this machine booting from internal
>> hd (/ide/disk@0:n) and is willing to share config & of settings ?
>
> We have one person (Michel Lanners if memory serves?)

It does :-)

> on the list who
> boots his beige G3 using quik - but it's from a scsi drive.

Right. When I saw this mail this afternoon at work however I checked his
boot device; it _should_ be OK (I thought I remembered some alias
funnyness in one or the other OF version of the beige's, making them
different then the rest of the pack).

The advice I can offer is making sure that the IDE disk is indeed
connected as master to the first IDE bus...

Cheers

Michel

PS The beige is running a (alas private) Debian mirror (source, powerpc
and i386 from potato on) on two recycled EMC 18-Gig disks in a striped
LVM volume. Works great :-)

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |