Re: beige a.k.a oldworld g3 && quik

I read:
> Right. When I saw this mail this afternoon at work however I checked his
> boot device; it _should_ be OK (I thought I remembered some alias

and I tried _lots_ of variations all I get is either just
can't OPEN:
or
can't OPEN: /some/thing/some@where

> The advice I can offer is making sure that the IDE disk is indeed
> connected as master to the first IDE bus...

it showsw up as /dev/hda in linux and I double checked the jumpers
today ... should be ok

overall it's not that bad to boot via the patched boot-floppy-hfs.img
but since the boot-floppies package is gone (update the docs someone?)
I wonder how I'd compile my own kernel (the g3 is meant to be a routing
tv with mozilla for guests and some crossdev testing ;)

regards,

chris@lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)