Re: beige a.k.a oldworld g3 && quik

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 12:50:25PM +0200, CK wrote:
> hi,
>
> I recently snapped up a beige g3 (233MHz,of2.0f1,160Mb Ram, no hd)
> for 50EUR and found an unused 800Mb ide drive I try to install debian
> (3.0.23) on. I read all the docs and archives I could find (hell I
> even dug up my forth reference...) but
>
> I can't get it to boot from the HD so I have a couple of questions:
> (I should mention that I applied the of patches from apples sytem
> disk)
>
> is it possible to boot this machine using quik at all ?
> (if not something less ambigous should be in the docs)
>
> Does anyone on this list have this machine booting from internal
> hd (/ide/disk@0:n) and is willing to share config & of settings ?

We have one person (Michel Lanners if memory serves?) on the list who
boots his beige G3 using quik - but it's from a scsi drive. Most people
with beige G3s use BootX.

> Is there a document describing how to make a hsf floppy on linux
> to boot it with a rescue kernel (the hsf install disk won't let
> me choose an alternate root file system) ?

http://cvs.debian.org/powerpc-specials/miBoot/patch-floppy-image.pl

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |