Re: new G4, radeon9000 support

On 20 Aug 2002, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 11:49, Eric Deveaud wrote:
> >
> > my boss told me that christmas is comming now, I can order a new bi G4.
> > with a 17' ADC flat panel
>
> You've got a nice boss. :)

isn't it ;-))

> > I want to now about the Xfree support of the radeon9000 (I don't want
> > a nvidia card)
> > As far as I understood the Xfree documentation, the radeon familly is
> > supported. am I correct, or should I order an other card
>
> Well, the 9000 series is the third generation of Radeon cores, and AFAIK
> it might be different enough to the earlier generations for it not to
> work out of the box. However, ATI has already submitted a patch to
> XFree86 to add support, it should be in 4.3.0 and could probably be
> backported if necessary.

Well thank's it will remember me the first days fighting with the rage
128 on my (too new) pismo 2 years ago ;-)

I'll also can try to refurbish an "old" pci graphic card if I'm
completly unsuccessful in setting X

	thank's

	Eric
--
 GR> Qui est le rédacteur en chef de Usenet-fr ?
 RG> Faut regarder dans l'ours (m'est avis qu'il va pas être d'accord).
 Grmbl !
 -+- LC in <http://www.le-gnu.net> : L'est pas d'accord l'ours -+-