Re: how update wireless-tools version?
- To: Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: how update wireless-tools version?
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 09 Aug 2002 23:22:06 +0200
- Message-id: <1028928127.1183.335.camel@tibook>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020809131702.GA8598@ryker.org> <1028902326.1272.1358.camel@tibook> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 19:12, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick wrote:
> At 9:42 AM -0700 8/9/02, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick wrote:
> >At 4:12 PM +0200 8/9/02, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >>/usr/include doesn't contain any kernel headers, nor is it supposed to.
> >Actually, it turns out that it does, which is obviously what is
> >messing me up. And libc6-dev put them there...
> A follow up for future archive searchers: I copied the correct
> wireless.xx.h from the wireless-tools source directory over the
> libc6-dev version in /usr/include/linux and rebuilt the package, and
> all now seems well. If anybody has a "more correct" recipie for how
> this should be done, I'd love to hear about it.
Having a local copy of the header is one solution; why doesn't it use
that in the first place then?
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member / CS student, Free Software enthusiast