Re: install onto a 7500

"Chris Tillman" <tillman@voicetrak.com> writes:

> Hmmm. Where did you get your CD image?

>From one of the mirrors listed on linuxiso.org.

> What files _are_ in there?  Maybe in a subfolder (grep -r)?

Nope, did a grep -r over the whole disk, and aside from md5sum and
TRANS.TBL files, no boot-floppy-hfs to be found.

> > If the powerpc manual actually said to use that disk for OldWorld
> > Macs, that would probably be a Good Thing; as it is, it only
> > references rescue.bin. Same goes for the manuals I found on the web,
> > although obviously I can't show you the grep output for those.
>
> This is just not true. The woody manual link is in my .sig.

Maybe that's the problem; this is a potato disk -- 2.2r7. I'll have a
look at the woody manual too, thanks.

john,
into the "watch dselect download a metric buttload of debs" phase of
the install...
--
MY BUTT DOES NOT DESERVE A WEBSITE
MY BUTT DOES NOT DESERVE A WEBSITE
MY BUTT DOES NOT DESERVE A WEBSITE
	Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 3G04