Installing Debian on a PowerPC 8500

Hi! I have a problem installing Debian in an "Old World Mac"
Please, could you help me? :-)

How do I get the openfirmware console in my PowerPC 8500? I tried the keys
sequence alt-command-blah and It doesn't works. I only get a black screen.

When I executed "Apple system disk" it told me "OpenFirmware" ->input: ttya
								output: ttya
Do I need a serial terminal for operating openfirmware?

:) Sorry for my ugly English. I will try to find some time this summer
to ''refine'' it x-DD

--

      Carlos de la Cruz - frodo@fmat.ull.es - mojopikon@gulic.org

 If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot
 of different places, just write a Unix operating system.

			   (By Linus Torvalds)