Re: Rolling my own Powerpc kernel from Debian sources

    >> to compile:
    >>
    >> cd /usr/src/benh_kernel
    >> sudo make xconfig
    >> make-kpkg ...
    >> sudo dpkg -i ...
    >>
    >> then make the correct symlinks, edit yaboot.conf and execute ybin
    >>
    >> jonas
    gilger> ------------------------------------------------------------

    gilger> Everything went well until I tried "make-kpkg" :(
    gilger> bash returned "no such command" (or words to that effect).

    gilger> I reviewed the archives and did a google search on 'make-kpkg'
    gilger> The results were instructive except they said to read the docs for 'kernal-package' for more info.
    gilger> 'kernal-package' is not installed on my machine.
    gilger> apt-get install kernal-package returns "no such package" (or words to that effect).

    gilger> A search of debian.org/packages returned no results.

    gilger> Has kernal-package been renamed or something? Where can I find it?

Try kernEL-package, instead of kernAL-package (revert to lowercase for
the apt-get command...).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu