Re: Installing from SCSI drive problem

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 06:31:28PM -0700, Greg Howland wrote:
> The Installation Manual states that the PB G3 Lombard is New World,
> however I've seen elsewhere that the Firewire "Pismo" is the only PB G3
> that's New World. Is there any way of telling from within MacOS 9 whether
> it's Old or New World? Should this page be changed?
> http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/install

One way to tell is to look at the default boot device. If you
go to the OF prompt and run the command 'printenv' it will
list all the settings. The default boot device on a New World
machine will be something like hd:,\\:tbxi. On an older box,
it will be something like \AAPL,ROM. If the documentation is
wrong, it should be fixed.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com