Re: Function keys without fn (was: TiBook Keyboard Question)

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 05:46:28PM -0700, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick wrote:
> At 2:24 AM +0200 7/16/02, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> >How can one do that? I'd like to be able to access the function keys
> >directly, and use fn-F1 and fn-F2 to change the brightness.
>
> There is a program called fnset that lets you poke the pmu to change
> that setting.  I'm not if it has been rolled into any of the util
> packages for powerpc yet, I got mine by finding it attached to an
> email on this list and compiling it.  I'm not sure if I even have the
> source anymore.
>
> Note: I also had to set my pmud script to reset the fn keys the way I
> wanted after waking up from sleep.

The code found on pmud does not work here (or I am too dumb to make it
work).

Hardware: iBook2 700MHz.

If anyone can reproduce the failure, I will report a bug and send
hardware description.

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19

It's a soldier's duty. You wouldn't understand.
		--The Colonel (Akira)