Re: Modem configuration on Ti PowerBook G4

>If it's a second- or third-gen TiBook (all other speeds): you're out of
>luck, it's a USB softmodem (aka winmodem, although there's no Windows
>involved here..).
>
>Why do you conclude it finds the modem? Any positive feedback from
>wvdial?

It's not exactly a "winmodem" or "softmodem" as it does have a small
DSP. It's basically a controllerless modem, the modulation is done by
the DSP, and the higher level protocols (AT emulation, v42bis, ...)
are done by the driver.

There will be a linux driver soon, see my other message posted today
on this list.

Ben.