Re: CD Rom unreachable.. dev is not in /dev dir

Adam <adamhadm@frontiernet.net> writes:

> I did not have it onstalled on my orrig. G4 box so I whent ahead and
> installed the package.  The cd drive works fine but I don't have any
> mouse control in X.  I played with different settings but I still
> can't get it to work in X... I switch between these dif. settings
> and each each one have their own issues.  The only one which makes X
> work but when it does the mouse does not work.  That one is the
> mouse[1] setting the other settings X does not wrok.

[...]

> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
>         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection

This one should work fine.  Although I don't have the "SendCoreEvents"
enabled.  Here's my mouse clause on a G4 desktop with usb mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Someone else may have a better idea about the X issues.

--
Josh Huber                                   | huber@debian.org |