Re: CD Rom unreachable.. dev is not in /dev dir

Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es> writes:

> Try /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target5/lun0
>
> Or even
>
> ln -s /dev/cdrom /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target5/lun0
>
> In any case, please, give a complete output of the "dmesg" command.

Right, it looks like you're using devfs, perhaps?  I suggest
installing the devfsd package, which will make dealing with devfs a
little easier:

 This daemon sets up the /dev filesystem for use. It creates required
 symbolic links in /dev and also creates (if so configured, as is the
 default) symbolic links to the "old" names for devices.

HTH

--
Josh Huber                                   | huber@debian.org |