Re: Arrgh: maybe pmud-utils was a really bad idea.

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 12:50, Michel Dänzer wrote:
<snip>
> Last I heard, sleep didn't work on desktop machines. When I tried it on
> a cube (granted, that was kinda long time ago), pmud said 'the lid' was
> closed and shut down the machine immediately. I think you should remove
> pmud until you get definite information that this should work.

Well, at least it worked on my iMac, and it was at the time Ben was
testing the sleep code (it was quite a long time ago, I was on a dialup
at that time, so it's like a year and a half ago).

I think it doesn't work correctly for only some desktop machines. The g3
iMacs should work alright, for the rest, dunno.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net