Re: Audio Problems on an iBook

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 01:23:52PM -0400, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> > This comes up on the list once every few months. Last I heard the driver
> > maintainer was unable to reproduce it on his TiBook.
>
> I *still* have not been able to reproduce this despite putting my TiBook
> to sleep several times daily.  I wish that we could find a foolproof way
> of reproducing this so that I can look into it.

Hmm. It's probably happened half-a-dozen times since I got the machine. All
of them at really inopportune times e.g. library, on a bus... Maybe if you
tried opening your TiBook when it would be really embarassing for it to be
noisy, it might just happen :/

One thing someone else mentioned - I also have esd running. Last time it
happened, I tried muting the sound (I run gtkpbbuttons) and it went haywire -
it started flipping states between muted and unmuted as quickly as it could.
I put it down to this keyboard's infrequent ability to "stick", so you have
to press the key again to get it to stop.

If there's anything I can do in the meantime to try and trace the problem
further, let me know.

Gareth