Re: Audio Problems on an iBook

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Will Aoki wrote:

> It's been happening quite frequently as of late on my 1st generation
> iBook2 - it tends to occur at least once a week (most recent was
> Tuesday, in a library - gack!), although for me it's a rapid clicking
> noise instead of static or a feedback whistle. (I suppose it could be
> feedback with a 1/4 second time delay.) I've taken to carrying a stereo
> plug to insert into the headphone jack when the clicks start, since the
> driver turns off the speakers when something is connected to the jack.

Good quick workaround :-)  Hurray for innovation :-)

> This comes up on the list once every few months. Last I heard the driver
> maintainer was unable to reproduce it on his TiBook.

I *still* have not been able to reproduce this despite putting my TiBook
to sleep several times daily.  I wish that we could find a foolproof way
of reproducing this so that I can look into it.

> I've not seen it happen in MacOS, but then again, I've probably spent
> less than 6 hours with MacOS running on the bare metal.

<G>  I know that feeling.  I only boot to OS-X to update it now and then.