Compile kernel 2.4.18 & X setup problems on titanium

Hi,

  Maybe someone can help me.

  I've install Debian TESTING on my PowerBook Titanium without too much
  problem.  As we all know this comes with kernel 2.2.x

  I then tried to install X 4-1 with the debian package.
  I get the error : No screen attached. ???

  Then I thought maybe it is because I've the wrong kernel.  People are
  saying to upgrade to 2.4 to get the lastest gismos... So I installed
  the kernel from  Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>

  http://debian.jones.dk/debian/local/auryn/kernels/vmlinux-2.4.18-rc4paulus20020225.gz

  Which I thought would work but no chance.  After booting fine, my
  keymap was all messed up in the console.  ex: the e became backspace ?
  Anyway no chance to login and no networking also!

  I went back to 2.2 then installed with dselect an image of kernel
  2.4.18.  Networking up et keymap fine!  Still no chance with X still
  NO screen found.

  So I decided to compile kernel 2.4.18 using the Debian way! (I use all
  the default options)
  Back with
  the same problem of keymap and networking.

  I will post my XF86config and the error soon.

  At this point, I don't mind the kernel 2.2 or 2.4, with no X there is
  not much fun...

 Thanks.

Seb