Re: Help - problem after installing a new kernel

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 18:55:03 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> Can you give more details on exactly how you arrived at this situation?
> Did you install using the regular "powermac" (i.e. not "new-powermac")
> installer, and then apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.16-newpmac?  Or did
> you install using "new-powermac" directly, but your yaboot.conf still
> pointed to the regular powermac 2.2.20 kernel?

I don't remember exactly, but we didn't use apt-get for the kernel;
we chose the new-powermac kernel directly, then installed the woody
distribution from the hard disk for the kernel and the network for
the packages.

yaboot.conf was correct: it pointed to /vmlinux. But the files
in /boot are incorrect, e.g. vmlinux-2.2.20-newpmac instead of
vmlinux-2.4.16-newpmac.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International