Re: Mapping cmd to alt in X with linux keycodes

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 06:49:26PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> As far as hacking keymaps goes, yes.  If the xkb data is wrong for a
> model of keyboard, I think it should be fixed and I'd like to receive
> patches to this effect.

the trouble is nobody can agree whether `command == meta' is `wrong'
or not.

given the option key is the one with `alt' engraved on it one would
presume it should be treated as alt, regardless of the fact that apple
put it in the wrong place.

one could probably say the same for Sun keyboards and thier
caps-lock/control key placement.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/