Re: Mapping cmd to alt in X with linux keycodes

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 03:26:30PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> what for? Branden has already `fixed' the Xsession scripts to ignore
> /etc/X11/Xmodmap as well as the ~/.Xmodmap (or whatever) since xmodmap
> is allegedly `deprecated'
>
> apparently were supposed to just hack the raw keymaps themselves or
> patch Xsession to support this again.  no other solution has been
> presented.

Please see my reply to Adam's mail.

As far as hacking keymaps goes, yes.  If the xkb data is wrong for a
model of keyboard, I think it should be fixed and I'd like to receive
patches to this effect.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     It's not a matter of alienating
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     authors.  They have every right to