Re: pumpd failing to renew lease

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 04:45:53PM +0200, Daniel Ericsson wrote:
> Ok, I installed a tulip 10/100 eth i/f in the box. And now have 24h of
> pumpd working just fine... seems dhcp lease flakieness is connected to
> pumpd leasing for MACE and BMAC eth i/f. This is an interim solution for
> me so I'll try out dhcp-client on the BMAC i/f and will post an update.

Don't be so quick to overlook the built in ethernet.

On 80% of my 7200s the ethernet cards are bad or unreliable.  After testing
one, and finding it good, the ethernet died ("lost a status word") on my
firewall. :(  After putting in eepro100 and tulip card, all is good.

Admittedly, I do have a g3 with a bmac ethernet, and it is working
perfectly.

There is no reason (besides hardware/driver trouble) why the same software
wouldn't work on one ethernet and work on another.

Mike