Re: Yaboot is wonderful ...

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 05:48:36PM -0600, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> "Ethan Benson" <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:
>
> > On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 08:53:19AM -0600, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> > >
> > > Never read the man page for mkofboot.
> >
> > you should read all the man pages, especially the ones in sid's yaboot
> > package they are quite informative ;-)
>
> Absolutely, and I'm grateful how much new material is in them. I just
> never realized that mkofboot even existed...

that happens...  i really don't like that split at all, i would prefer
ybin to always zero out and recreate the hfs filesystem and install
the bootloader in one step.  the trouble is too many people don't
understand what a bootstrap partition is supposed to be and set boot=
to silly things like /dev/hda, /dev/hda1 /dev/macospartition,
/dev/rootpartition and so on....

thats also why mkofboot confirms that the user knows its about to
destroy the selected partition before proceeding.

suggestions on another way to handle this are of course welcome ;-)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/