Re: Yaboot is wonderful ...

"Ethan Benson" <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 07:55:53PM -0600, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
>
> ybin: for updates
> mkofboot: for new clean bootloader installs.
>
> mkofboot formats, ybin does not.

Never read the man page for mkofboot.

> actually i am surprised that worked, manual kernel loading is rather
> broken with potato's yaboot.  actually what i think really happened is
> you loaded the CD's kernel with a argument of `root=/dev/hda13' not
> the kernel on the disk (since yaboot in potato ignores that entirely
> and uses the first image in the config regardless) in this case it
> didn't matter but if you needed the kernel on the disk for whatever
> reason it would have been a problem.

believe it... ;-)

Unless the stock kernel on the Potato CD have had the reiser patches
applied, there ain't no way they would be able to read /dev/hda13 ...

One issue is that I have the very first release Potato CD's not r2/3
or whatever we're up to. I think they've got yaboot 0.6

jas.