Yaboot is wonderful ...

Hey,

In the process of switching my whole setup from ext2 to reiser, I did
a lot of repartitioning/rebooting. In the process I did a stupid thing
with my bootstrap partition. I had originally made it huge, 50Mb. When
moving to reiser, I need a small ext2 partition to hold my kernels, so
I split my 50M bootstrap into a 1M hfs bootstrap, and a 49M ext2
kernel partition. In the process I forgot to remake the hfs file-system,
I just kept right on using the old one that had been
truncated... until I tried to run ybin for the fourth time it and
tried to access a disk sector that was off the partition. Instead of
just calmly rebuilding the filesystem (with hformat) and then
re-running ybin, I rebooted (duh).

Hello OF...

After grabbing my potato boot CD, and booting into the installer. I
finally calmed down, and realized all I needed was a *working* yaboot
prompt. I rebooted, and when the yaboot prompt from the CD showed up
it was just a simple hd:10, /vmlinux root=/dev/hda13 and I had my
system back...

Thank you Ben/Ethan. yaboot/ybin are wonderful...

jas.