Re: XFree86 4.0.3 and Voodoo

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 01:38:24PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Russell Hires wrote:
>
> > I've searched and searched and searched the list archives about the
> > latest version of XFree86 and my lovely Voodoo card...and found nothing
> > that seems to help.
> >
> > I went to Branden's page and changed my sources.list (which BTW had a
> > funny problem of not being editable, though I did work around it) to
> > include his debs. But now apt-get won't give me everything, saying
> > several packages have been "held back" because the version of libc6 is
> > needs to different than what it is.
>
> Branden's debs need at least testing, I recommend upgrading to that or even
> unstable.

Not anymore.  4.0.3 is out of testing, and is in unstable:

xserver-xfree86 |    4.0.3-1 |      unstable | hppa, m68k, ia64
xserver-xfree86 |    4.0.3-2 |      unstable | arm, powerpc
xserver-xfree86 |    4.0.3-3 |      unstable | alpha, i386

I uploaded -3 for powerpc last night, so it should be dinstalled today.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    The errors of great men are venerable
Debian GNU/Linux                |    because they are more fruitful than the