Re: PReP Blackhawk (Powerstack) question

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 04:38:05AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> something more useful would be to write (or port say yaboot) a
> bootloader to dd to the bootstrap partition instead of the kernel,
> this way the bootloader can read its config from the root filesystem
> and load the kernel from the root filesystem.  that would be much more
> straightforward...

I _think_ thats what prepboot exists for. :)  It's been a good while
since I tried to find it tho, but gabriel p. is still around so it
still should be working :)

But, assuming the 2.4.x packages ship all of the right images for PPC
(I haven't checked) but there should be a 'zImage' which works on PReP.
But you'd definatly want to test first. :)  (On my powerstack, esc at boot,
pboot 1, after dd'ing the kernel to a floppy).

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/