Re: Installing Debian 3.0 onto an Apple TiBook (Hi Branden R.)

Hi Andi,

On Saturday, December 29, 2001, at 02:57  PM, Andreas Wüst wrote:

Someone once has told me, that on the "Software Restore" CD's there would be more software included than on the "Software Installation" CD (well, seems to be possible, because on the one hand there are 3 CD's and on the other hand
one CD..)

The software restore CDs are intended to restore the content of your HD in exaclty the same way as it was when you bought your computer. Thus it should install MacOS X and MacOS 9 on one single partition.

As for the bonus software on the restore CDs, all I could spot so far were Palm Desktop and a couple of mp3 files I did not like.

I think this is kind of strange. How did you install the Software??

Just a few days after getting my 600MHz iBook, I wiped its HD and installed OS 9 and OS X in two seperate partitions with the OS CDs that came with it. I installed some further software from the software CD that came with it, mainly the three games. After that, I tried to install NetBSD but hat no success (Apple changed some very minor things with the 600 MHz iBook that break the keyboard), so I went with Debian 3.0.

Hope this helps.
  Stefan