Re: Installing Debian 3.0 onto an Apple TiBook (Hi Branden R.)

Hi Stefan

>> Someone once has told me, that on the "Software Restore" CD's there
>> would be
>> more software included than on the "Software Installation" CD
>> (well, seems to
>> be possible, because on the one hand there are 3 CD's and on the
>> other hand
>> one CD..)
>
> The software restore CDs are intended to restore the content of your
> HD in exaclty the same way as it was when you bought your computer.
> Thus it should install MacOS X and MacOS 9 on one single partition.
>
> As for the bonus software on the restore CDs, all I could spot so
> far were Palm Desktop and a couple of mp3 files I did not like.
>
>> I think this is kind of strange. How did you install the Software??
>
> Just a few days after getting my 600MHz iBook, I wiped its HD and
> installed OS 9 and OS X in two seperate partitions with the OS CDs
> that came with it. I installed some further software from the
> software CD that came with it, mainly the three games. After that, I
> tried to install NetBSD but hat no success (Apple changed some very
> minor things with the 600 MHz iBook that break the keyboard), so I
> went with Debian 3.0.
>
> Hope this helps.
>   Stefan

Thank you very much for your answer. I do now see my mistake, don't install
from Software Restore plus MacOS X CD, but only from Software Installation and
the MacOS X CD.

Thanks a lot, again!! And a happy new year to everyone outthere somewhere
tonight!

--
Andi