Installing Debian 3.0 onto an Apple TiBook (Hi Branden R.)

Hi

Well, I finally managed to get a fast internet connection, and I now want to setup my TiBook1 with Debian (as you may have
been seeing  of my latest post), and I ran over the "Installing Debian 3.0
onto an Apple iBook" document by Branden.

I am definitely the "Debian + MacOS 9 + MacOS X" guy. But this config puts
up some question marks on me, because if I look at my current config on my
TiBook I have MacOS 9 on one partation, and MacOS X on another, altough on the
MacOS 9 partition I've got all the MacOS X stuff I also have on the second
partition (even 2 apps more). How does this come??

I installed the first partition with the three "Software Restore" CDs 1 to 3,
afterwards I installed MacOS X with the MacOS X CD. But now it looks as I
would have two MacOS X's on my disk!! What have I done wrong?? Should I be
installing MacOS 9 with the one "Software Installation" CD (I don't know if
it's named like this in english version, I've only got the german one)?

But what are in this case the "Software Restore" CD's for? How could I launch
MacOS X if I had it on the same partition as MacOS 9? I can't see an entry for
MacOS X in the Startvolume Prefs, after I've only installed from the Software
Restore CD's and did not install additionally from the MacOS X CD.

Someone once has told me, that on the "Software Restore" CD's there would be
more software included than on the "Software Installation" CD (well, seems to
be possible, because on the one hand there are 3 CD's and on the other hand
one CD..)

I think this is kind of strange. How did you install the Software??

--
Would be very kind if someone could also answer this questions for me, thank
you very much,