Re: Supported models

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 11:30:28AM -0800, Grant Bowman wrote:
> * Chris Tillman <tillman@azstarnet.com> [011125 20:33]:
> > Thanks everyone, it's updated now. Send any changes my way.
>
> Hi there!  First, thank you very much for your efforts.  I appreciate
> being able to install Linux on my OldWorld Mac.  I just got it started
> this week.  I did have some troubles finding out information about it
> though.
>
> On the http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/pmac page it would have
> saved me some time to have a reference to the pages of the quik project
> that has more hardware data, especially it's quirks page, and the
> netbsd pages with more hardware data.  I think this would be the right
> place.  Alternatively I would be happy to create a page for the
> PowerWave (or Power Computer specific data?) and you can add it to the
> site.
>
> http://penguinppc.org/projects/quik/quirks.shtml
>         (this page failed to have data on my Power Computer PowerWave)
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/models.html
>         (this page told me a Power Computing PowerTower Pro has the
>          same logic board as my PowerWave and had a link to this page
>          http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#ofw-boot-serial
>          that tells me why I can't see my OF prompt: it uses the serial
>          ports by default!  Ick.)

Cool. I can add these links to that page, if you'd like to put
together some more stuff it would be welcome also.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |