Re: Supported models

* Chris Tillman <tillman@azstarnet.com> [011125 20:33]:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 11:58:44AM +0200, Andreas W?st wrote:
> > This would of course be a fine tool, though I am wondering why not to just put
> > an up-to-date model list up to
> > http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/install.en.html in a first step.
> >
> > This list looks extremly outdated to me (no to talk about the 'tested'
> > column).
> >

> Thanks everyone, it's updated now. Send any changes my way.

Hi there!  First, thank you very much for your efforts.  I appreciate
being able to install Linux on my OldWorld Mac.  I just got it started
this week.  I did have some troubles finding out information about it
though.

To clarify the above install.en.html page is not the same as the one on
the the boot floppies.  You might want to consider renaming it.
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/3.0.17-2001-11-18/doc/install.en.html

On the http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/pmac page it would have
saved me some time to have a reference to the pages of the quik project
that has more hardware data, especially it's quirks page, and the
netbsd pages with more hardware data.  I think this would be the right
place.  Alternatively I would be happy to create a page for the
PowerWave (or Power Computer specific data?) and you can add it to the
site.

http://penguinppc.org/projects/quik/quirks.shtml
        (this page failed to have data on my Power Computer PowerWave)

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/models.html
        (this page told me a Power Computing PowerTower Pro has the
         same logic board as my PowerWave and had a link to this page
         http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#ofw-boot-serial
         that tells me why I can't see my OF prompt: it uses the serial
         ports by default!  Ick.)

Cheers,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow@svpal.org>