Re: Mo longer memory question, now just 'startx'

On 05/11/01, Mike Yukish (mikeyukish@psu.edu) wrote:

> When I try to do 'startx', a couple of full screens worth of messages flow
> past too fast to read before the screen goes blank, then the background of
> the Debian logo appears, I get what looks to be an icon in the upper left
> corner of the screen that is labeled 'main', three icons in the upper right
> corner aligned vertically

Having recently had similar problems, I think you may have an
incorrectly configured XFree86Config file. What screen parameters are
you using?

> On reboot with a forced check, I get one unresolved dependency, I
> believe from (my) memory it is a ec503 or something. Sounds like a
> network thing.

I think this is something in the stock potato kernel which is support
for some standard (are they 3Com?) network cards, which you are unlikely
to need if you are using a mac.

Rory