Re: Compiling kernel on iMac for the first time..

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 10:22:43AM +0000, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:

> If the backup image would be used when a new image was unusable (eg I
> ended a config line with "" and yaboot wouldn't use my new config file
> last week) I reckon that would be tremendously useful.

if your yaboot.conf is so hosed that yaboot refuses to parse it then
backup image lines will do you no good.

i don't want to put back image lines in by default however, because
yaboot will display them even when no kernel is applied and that will
confuse people.

its not necessary either you can load kernels without a config file
entry, or even any config file at all.

run `help' in yaboot for info on how to do this. (1.3.4 or later).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/