Re: Recent PPC Reiser support & Reiser strategy

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 22:28, Jean-Francois Landry wrote:

> It might be interesting to ask the developpers lurking in reiserfs-list
> if they consider Reiserfs on PowerPC to be a safe bet. AFAIK, nobody in
> the core team has done much porting work except to Alpha... So, be a
> good beta tester and send in bug reports ;)

Okay, here goes (again):

> I'd just like to add that I've been running most of my (x86) box on
> Reiserfs for over a year now, and I've yet to see it even hiccup.
> YMMV.

Indeed, I didn't see a hiccup either for a few months until it decided
to lose all data on one partition from one second to the other.
Fortunately, none of that data was really important. I considered it a
warning to switch my work machine to something else.

AFAIK people have reported similar failures on i386 on l-k or elsewhere.
Hence my conclusion that it's probably not a PPC specific problem.