Re: Recent PPC Reiser support & Reiser strategy

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:26:47AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Jeff Merkey has been providing endianness patches for a long time, and
> they have been merged into 2.4 recently.
>
> I don't think the problems I and others have experienced with ReiserFS
> are architecture specific.

OK, these patches may or may not work, and the problems people are
experiencing may or may not have anything to do with Reiserfs :)

It might be interesting to ask the developpers lurking in reiserfs-list
if they consider Reiserfs on PowerPC to be a safe bet. AFAIK, nobody in
the core team has done much porting work except to Alpha... So, be a
good beta tester and send in bug reports ;)

I'd just like to add that I've been running most of my (x86) box on
Reiserfs for over a year now, and I've yet to see it even hiccup.
YMMV.

	Jean-Francois Landry
--
<Knghtbrd> Studies prove that research causes cancer in 43% of
laboratory rats