Re: XF86 wants a mouse file

Georg, Andrew, Michel, and Russell,
I am going to answer everybody who's helped in one post,
rather than clog up everybody's mail box.
First, thanks to everybody for all their help and tolerance
for my ignorance, I really appreciate it.
Second, answers to  questions people asked:
Russell-I'm running potato with X 3.3, I will check out
imaclinux.net on USB questions.
Andy- I will try linuxdoc.org, and your comment about being
a recent port to ppc was useful; this is a fairly new
machine and I'm guessing some of it's configuration is
different from expected (eg: device numbers).
Finally, wherever I'm at (?), I'm further along than I was
thanks to all your help and I thank you for it.
Mike