Re: Audio CD on Tibook

On  19 Oct, this message from Debian User Jean-Baptiste Note echoed through cyberspace:
> hdc: MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8187, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

Same as mine.

> how do you enable the TV ouput on the beast ?
> I came accross utilities called mirror and mirror2,
> but they segfault before they do anything useful.

Since your video chip is a Rage Mobility3, use m3mirror ;-)

> Wouldn't there be a fb mode that would allow that
> directly through the frambuffer interface ?

No, since noone has figured out how to drive two independant displays
with one ATI graphics chip. You only chance right now is mirror mode,
through m3mirror. Plus, I don't know if that beast can enable the TV out
(i.e.s-vhs); I'd think it only enables the VGA output.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |