Re: XF86 wants a mouse file

Final installment:  Yes, I got it to work.  For the information
of anybody else out there who runs into the same problem, the
answer for *this* machine proved to be the existing file
"/dev/usbmouse".  As in,... /etc/X11/XF86Config needs to say:

protocol: "IMPS/2"
device:   "usbmouse"

Utmost thanks to everyone who helped, especially
Georg, Andy, Michel and Russell.  It may have been
a long way around to get there, but I sure learned
a lot and would never have come close without you
guys.  I really appreciate it.

Mike

"'Absurdly simple, like most riddles when you see
the answer....' said Gandalf,... 'Too simple for
a learned loremaster in these suspicious days...'"
					J.R.R.Tolkien