Re: Audio CD on Tibook

Dear list,

First thank you all, it works now with scsi emulation :)

My Tibook is old model, alas, I'm a newcomer to the macworld and bought it
5 days before the new one came out. Fact is that i phoned to Apple
at that time and they didnt even warn me. This said, it's a 500MHz,
20Gig of harddrive. That should situate it, i think you have the same
models worldwide (i'm in France).

kernel boot :

hdc: MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8187, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

output from modprobe ide-cd :

hdc: Enabling MultiWord DMA 2
hdc: ATAPI 24X DVD-ROM drive, 512kB Cache, (U)DMA
cdrom: entering register_cdrom
cdrom: drive "/dev/hdc" registered

cat /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info :

CD-ROM information, Id: cdrom.c 3.12 2000/10/18

drive name:             hdc
drive speed:            6
drive # of slots:       1
Can close tray:         1
Can open tray:          1
Can lock tray:          1
Can change speed:       1
Can select disk:        0
Can read multisession:  1
Can read MCN:           1
Reports media changed:  1
Can play audio:         0
Can write CD-R:         0
Can write CD-RW:        0
Can read DVD:           1
Can write DVD-R:        0
Can write DVD-RAM:      0

Soooo, you tempt me, with your faculty to answer so rapidly,
and here I go for another question :

how do you enable the TV ouput on the beast ?
I came accross utilities called mirror and mirror2,
but they segfault before they do anything useful.
Wouldn't there be a fb mode that would allow that
directly through the frambuffer interface ?

Once again thank you, JB.

--
I'm an occurence of the I love GNU virus.
Please help me spread.