Re: keymap setup for TiBook

Never mind on the keymap since I just figured that out ... duh, I
had the wrong keyboard layout defined. I think I know what I need to
do for the mouse buttons but if someone wants to bless me with your
experience, please do so!

Thanks -
Blake

Blake L. Carlson wrote:

Michel -
Thanks for making me even more warm and fuzzy about my purchase :)

BTW - can you point me to any docs about getting the keymap setup correctly and binding 2nd and 3rd mouse buttons on the TiBook. I know there's gotta be a FAQ out there since I can't be the first to stumble on this.

Right now I'm passing the "linux_send_keycodes=1" (I know that's not the exact flag but writing this off the top of my head) to the kernel and I did the dpkg-reconfigure on console-data and followed the instructions. I'm using the "macintosh" keymapping in Xfree4 and *not* the "macintosh_old" keymap. Things are okay in console (except I have trouble switching VTs) but in X, a lot of keys are mapped wrong. Most annoying, I can't get "/" .... grrrrrr :) This is all on unstable if that makes a difference.

A little direction would be appreciated.

Thanks -
Blake