Debian for Lombard

I'd like to install Debian (rather than LinuxPPC) on my Lombard. At
present I boot into LinuxPPC from the BootX extension dialog.

Can someone point me at some step by step resources other than the
debian powerppc install guide?

As its tricky to get hold of some install CDs for ppc in the UK, I am
specifically interested in being able to download and install
(instructions please!) an initial system, and then doing the rest using
apt-get.

Also:
Are there some prepacked up-to-date kernels?
Is X configuration relatively easy?

I guess I would like to install woody. Would that be ok?

Sorry if I've missed some obvious resources. I've spent 40 minutes on
google and the debian/ppc mailing lists, and haven't got very far.

Thanks for any help.
Rory