Re: Debian for Lombard

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 06:09:24PM +0100, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> I'd like to install Debian (rather than LinuxPPC) on my Lombard. At
> present I boot into LinuxPPC from the BootX extension dialog.
>
> Can someone point me at some step by step resources other than the
> debian powerppc install guide?

Are you looking at the same install guide I am?

'Cuz a lot of people have worked really hard to make sure everything you need
is either in there or referenced in there. And if you have specific questions
or comments about it, that will be appreciated.

> As its tricky to get hold of some install CDs for ppc in the UK, I am
> specifically interested in being able to download and install
> (instructions please!) an initial system, and then doing the rest using
> apt-get.

See above

> Also:
> Are there some prepacked up-to-date kernels?

yup

> Is X configuration relatively easy?

nope, personally speaking

> I guess I would like to install woody. Would that be ok?

yup

> Sorry if I've missed some obvious resources. I've spent 40 minutes on
> google and the debian/ppc mailing lists, and haven't got very far.

Glad you're checking things out.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |           Chris Tillman                              |
|   `-    |           tillman@azstarnet.com                      |